Enjoy tacos filled with this traditional Southwestern low fat dish of sautéed summer squash, onions and peppers which can also be served as a side-dish to any main course.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 poblano or Anaheim chile pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 2 cups diced summer squash
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and chile; cook, stirring, until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add zucchini, summer squash and salt; cover and cook, stirring once or twice, until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in cilantro (optional).