This is a great tasting, healthy bread!
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 3 1/2 cups warm water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 7 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup flax seed
- 1/4 cup cracked wheat
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups bread flour
- In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar in 1/2 cup warm water. In a large bowl, mix remaining 3 1/2 cups warm water, honey, molasses, oil, eggs and lemon juice. Mix well. Add yeast mixture and stir.
- Gradually add 5 cups whole wheat flour beating well after each addition. Add the flax, cracked wheat and sunflower seeds, stir well.
- Let stand for 20 minutes, until mixture is very light. Stir in salt and the rest of the flours until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Knead 10 to 15 minutes until dough is smooth and elastic. Put into a greased bowl and cover, let rise in the oven with light on until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch down and shape into 6 round balls. Cover and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Form into loaves and let rise covered in oven until doubled. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) 25-35 minutes.