Cheesy but heart-friendly dish!
- 1 10 3/4-ounce can reduced-fat and reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup light dairy sour cream
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion or 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 30- or 32-ounce package frozen shredded or diced hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes or crushed wheat cereal flakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 2-quart rectangular baking dish; set aside. In a very large bowl, combine soup, cheese, milk, sour cream, onion, and pepper. Stir in potatoes. Spread mixture evenly in prepared baking dish.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes; stir potatoes. Sprinkle with cornflakes. Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes more or until heated through and bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.