Hearty and healthy greens! The bitterness and sweetness are perfectly combined.
- 1 1/2 cups (1-inch) cubed peeled fresh pumpkin (about 12 ounces)
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 14 cups lightly packed gourmet salad greens
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup hard cider
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 gingersnaps, crushed (about 2 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place pumpkin in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Coat pumpkin lightly with cooking spray; toss. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss. Bake at 400° for 18 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Cool completely.
- Combine pumpkin, salad greens, raisins, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl, and toss gently. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, cider, and next 4 ingredients (through mustard) in a blender; process until blended. Drizzle cider mixture over salad mixture; toss gently. Sprinkle with crushed cookies. Serve immediately.