Colorful and healthy garden salad best for your holiday occasions!
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup quinoa, well rinsed
- 1 cup chopped green, yellow, and/or orange sweet pepper
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Ground black pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine the water and quinoa. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine sweet pepper, tomatoes, garbanzo beans, green onions, parsley, and mint. Add the cooked quinoa; mix well. Add lemon juice; toss well to mix. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours before serving.