A baked corn tortilla topped with turkey and brown rice covered with a tasty south-of-the-border sauce and loaded with vegetables and cheese.
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry minced onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- dash cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 2 cups cooked turkey, chopped
- 1 can (16 oz) refried beans
- 8 corn tortillas (6-inch)
- cooking spray oil
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomato
- 8 oz Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, stir together the tomato sauce, onion flakes, chili powder, garlic, cumin and salt & pepper.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer on low stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium size saucepan, cook rice according to package directions.
- Stir in leftover turkey and heat through.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, warm refried beans, ~one minute.
- Place corn tortillas on a large cookie sheet and spray lightly with oil on both sides. Bake in a preheated 350º oven for 10 minutes or until crispy and lightly browned, turning once.
- To assemble tostadas, place baked corn tortilla on a serving plate, spread about 2 tablespoons of warmed refried beans to the edge.
- Top with about 2 tablespoons of turkey-rice mixture spreading to the edge.
- Top with desired amount of lettuce, tomato and cheese.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of warmed sauce over top.
- Serve immediately.