Beautifully glazed hen that is worthy of a small special gathering
- 3 (1 1/4-pound) Cornish hens, trimmed and skinned
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 cup currant jelly
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Remove and discard giblets and necks from hens. Split hens in half lengthwise. Place hen halves, breast sides up, in a roasting pan coated with cooking spray.
- Combine mustard and jelly. Brush mustard mixture over hens; sprinkle evenly with pepper and salt. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the meaty part of thighs registers 165°. Let stand 10 minutes