These Christmas favorites are full of flavor and have no fat!
- 2 and 1/2 cups white flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup low fat margarine
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup molasses (light)
- Combine flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine margarine and brown sugar and cream together.
- Add egg substitute and molasses and mix.
- Gradually add flour mixture a little at a time, and mix until blended.
- Divide dough into four separate portions.
- Cover and chill at least 3 hours.
- After chilling time, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- On a floured surface, roll out 1 portion of dough to a 1/8 inch thickness.
- Keep remaining dough in the fridge until ready to use.
- Dip a cookie cutter in flour and cut into individual shapes in the dough.
- Place cookies about an inch apart on baking sheet.
- Re-roll remaining dough and cut as needed.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes, and cool 2 minutes on baking sheet.
- Transfer to wire rack.
- Repeat with remaining portions of dough.