Fruity and healthy snack or dessert for all occassions!
- 3 red grapefruits
- 1 medium orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur or orange juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Cut each grapefruit in half horizontally; cut a very thin slice from the bottom of each half so grapefruits will sit flat. Using a grapefruit knife or other small knife, cut around the outer edge to loosen fruit from shell. Cut between each segment and membrane to loosen it.
- In a medium bowl, combine orange sections, banana, cherries, and orange liqueur. Place grapefruit halves, cut sides up, in a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Mound the orange mixture on top of grapefruit halves. Drizzle with oil. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over orange mixture.
- Bake about 12 minutes or until grapefruits are warm and topping is heated through.