Zero fat and very low in calories. This is the perfect cracker for your everyday needs!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Desired herb/spice option*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons desired wine*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a medium bowl, combine flour, desired herb/spice option, salt, and pepper. In a small bowl, combine desired wine and oil; gradually add to flour mixture, tossing with a fork until combined. Form dough into a ball. (Dough will appear dry, but will come together when gently worked with hands. Avoid adding more liquid, as this will make the crackers tough.)
- Transfer dough to a floured surface; flatten into a rectangle. Roll out into a 12x9-inch rectangle (trim uneven edges, if necessary). Prick dough all over with a fork. Cut dough into 3x1-1/2-inch rectangles. Transfer rectangles to an ungreased baking sheet; sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Bake about 18 minutes or just until crackers start to brown and are firm to the touch. Transfer to wire racks; cool completely.
- Wine and herb/spice combinations:
- Sauvignon Blanc and Basil: 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil and 2 tablespoons pine nuts, finely ground
- Riesling and Tarragon: 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon and 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Cabernet Sauvignon and Rosemary: 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Champagne and Mustard: 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- Chardonnay and Fennel: 2 teaspoons fennel seeds, crushed; use the 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Make-Ahead Directions: Prepare as directed. Layer crackers between waxed paper in an airtight continer; seal. Store at room temperature for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.