This loaf is great as a Christmas treat or anytime of the year. Baking with canned pumpkin is great because it's low in fat - & 1/2 cup contains 25 calories, and absolutely no fat! The cranberries and molasses also make this loaf very tasteful.
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup low-fat yogurt (plain)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 vegetable oil
- 11/4 cups flour
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 11/3 cup Splenda
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 11/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 81/2 x 41/2-inch loaf pan.
- Combine and beat molasses, canned pumpkin, yogurt, vanilla, eggs, in a large bowl.
- In another bowl mix both flours, Splenda, cranberries, baking soda, baking powder, ginger powder, and brown sugar.
- Then mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients.
- Pour into greased pan, and bake for 45-50 minutes. To test when the loaf is ready insert a toothpick into the middle of the loaf, and if it is clean then the loaf is done!