Ever heard of an APPLE SLAW? try this exquisite recipe that is very low in calorie and fat you and your family will simply adore!
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon "measures-like-sugar" calorie-free sweetener
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 7 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups diced Golden Delicious apple (about 2 medium)
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk until blended. Add cabbage and apple; toss well.
- Cover and chill thoroughly, tossing occasionally.
- Tip: If you want to add a little more tartness to this salad, you can make it with Granny Smith apples.