Something for those who prefer vegetables.
- 1 large onion cut in half and sliced thin
- 5 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 medium red bell pepper cut in 1 inch squares
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1 inch pieces
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 15oz can garbanzo beans
- 1 15oz can lentils, drained
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1/4 cups + 1 TBS vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 TBS chopped fresh cilantro
- salt & black pepper to taste
- 1. Heat 1 TBS broth in a 10-12 inch skillet. Healthy Sauté onion in broth over medium heat for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- 2. Add garlic, red bell pepper, eggplant, garam masala, and turmeric. Stir to mix well for a minute, and add broth and tomato sauce.
- 3. Stir again to mix, cover, and cook over medium low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until peppers and eggplant are tender.
- 4. Add garbanzo beans, lentils, red chili flakes, and raisins. Simmer for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5. Serve sprinkled with chopped cilantro.