Traditional Meat Sauce is rich in flavor and this can be no doubt a delicious vegetarian alternative, that even the meat eaters will find this recipe scrumptious in every taste.
- 6 ounces, your choice of pasta sauce (garlic and onion, traditional Italian or 4 cheese flavor etc.)
- 4 ounces diced tomato with juice
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 leaves basil, chopped
- 1 chopped, green onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup veggie crumbles, ground boca burger meat (this can be found in the frozen section)
- 4 ounces whole wheat pasta
- In a pot over medium heat, place chopped onion, garlic, pasta sauce and diced tomato with juice and let it simmer.
- Cook pasta noodles according to its directions and let it boil.
- Once boiling, add Boca meat, parsley, pepper flakes, and green onion. Let it simmer while pasta cooks.
- On a serving plate, place drained pasta topped with your vegetarian meat sauce.
- Garnish with green onion or herbs on top if desired.
- Great with Italian bread or salad.