Aioli is simply mayonnaise with the addition of minced fresh garlic!
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 large pasteurized egg yolks
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Combine lemon juice, mustard, and egg yolks in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Gradually add oil, about 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring with a whisk until each addition is incorporated and mixture is thick. Stir in salt, pepper, and garlic.