A delicious elbow macaroni salad recipe for the family to enjoy.
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1 1/4 cups partially thawed frozen petite peas or lightly cooked, shelled edamame (green soybeans)
- 3 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 4 scallions or green onions, white and part of green, thinly sliced diagonally
- 6 ounces lean ham, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup fat-free sour cream or light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Add macaroni and cook until al dente (7-8 minutes).
- Drain in colander and rinse with cold water.
- Transfer noodles to a large bowl.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a lid and refrigerate until completely cool.
- Add peas or edamame, sliced celery, scallions, and ham and toss to blend.
- In small bowl or 4-cup measure, whisk together light mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, sugar, nutmeg, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Spoon over macaroni mixture and stir to blend.
- Season with pepper to taste.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.