This Pear-Cranberry Pastry is a great treat for the holidays or as an evening dessert. It's light and crispy making it a great replacement to regular pastries. Baking with Phyllo Dough – which is low in fat, and has no cholesterol, makes this dessert all the worth trying!
- 2 ripe pears, peeled, and chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 6 sheets 9-inch by 14-inch thawed phyllo dough
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium sized bowl combine chopped pears, cranberries, lemon juice,cinnamon. sugar, and nutmeg. Stir.
- Place one phyllo sheet on cookie tray and spray with cooking spray. Then do the same thing with next four sheets. Lay the last sheet on top.
- Spoon filling along the dough sheets, leaving at least 1 inch spaces from the edges. Tuck in the short ends and roll the strudel.
- Bake seam side down for about 25 minutes.