This diabetic-friendly recipe is a quick meal of garlic and lemon flavored, oven fried chicken. -
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 4 portions
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- lemon slices (optional)
- Place chicken breasts in a plastic bag. Add lemon juice and garlic. Be sure the lemon juice and garlic mixes with all of the chicken. Seal and marinate in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 9-inch by 9-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Drain the lemon juice from the chicken.
- Pour cornflake crumbs onto a plate. Roll chicken in corn flake crumbs to coat evenly.
- Arrange chicken pieces in the baking pan so that they are not touching. Top with any garlic remaining in the plastic bag. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- For an attractive presentation, serve topped with a thin slice of fresh lemon.