A great snack or appetizer to serve during parties and special occasions. Just be sure to buy water-packed tuna, not tuna packed in oil. Water-packed tuna has only 2 grams of fat per 4-ounce serving, whereas tuna packed in oil has 26 grams!
- 20 uncooked jumbo pasta shells (about half of 12-ounce package)
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- ¼ cup plain nonfat yogurt
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 2 cans (6 1/8 ounces each) water-packed tuna, drained
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon dried basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ¼ teaspoon lemon pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dash of paprika
- Cook pasta shells as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, rinse frozen peas under running cold water to separate; drain and pat dry.
- Mix yogurt and mayonnaise in medium bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except peas and paprika.
- Gently fold in peas.
- Drain pasta shells; pat dry.
- Spoon 1 heaping tablespoonful of tuna mixture into each shell.
- Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled.
- Sprinkle with paprika before serving.