A beautiful assemblage of flavors, textures, and colors.This salad is phenomenal!
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 pound fresh wax beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved (2 pints)
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- Fresh basil sprigs (optional)
- Cook green and wax beans in boiling water 5 minutes. Drain and plunge beans into ice water; drain.
- Combine vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper. Add beans, tomatoes, basil leaves, and onion; toss gently. Cover and chill. Garnish with basil sprigs, if desired.