A tangy layer of lemon that rests atop a flaky crust.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup margarine-stick
- 1/2 cup Egg Beaters® Original
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Combine 1 cup of the flour and 1/4 cup of the granulated sugar in medium bowl.
- Cut in margarine sticks with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press firmly onto bottom of 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Beat Egg Beaters, lemon peel, lemon juice, the remaining 1/4 cup flour and the remaining 3/4 cup granulated sugar in a medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until center is set. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
- Cut into 16 bars to serve.
- Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.