These healthy, high-fiber mozzarella sticks are even better tasting than their unhealthy restaurant counterparts!
- 4 light mozzarella sticks (50-60 calories and 2.5g fat per stick)
- 1/2 cup Fiber One bran cereal (original)
- 4 tbsp. fat-free liquid egg substitute
- salt, pepper & Italian seasonings; to taste
- Preheat over to 375°F.
- Grind Fiber One to a bread-crumb like consistency in a food processor or blender. Place in a plastic container with a lid. Season the crumbs with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning to taste.
- Cut cheese stick in half and place in a bowl. Pour egg substitute over top. (Make sure the sticks are thoroughly coated)
- Take one of the cheese stick and place in the container of crumbs. Cover container and shake to coat the cheese stick with crumbs.
- Carefully re-coat the cheese stick in egg substitute and once again coat with crumbs.
- Repeat with each cheese stick.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and place the cheese stick on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the first sign of oozing cheese.
- Serve warm.