Moist and tender bran muffins flavored with fresh banana.
- Baking Spray
- 1-1/2 cups shredded wheat bran cereal
- 1-1/2 cups fat free milk
- 1-1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup Egg Beaters® Original
- 1/4 cup margarine-stick, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray 12 medium muffin cups with baking spray.
- Set aside.
- Stir together cereal and milk in large mixing bowl.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine flour, sugar and baking powder in medium bowl; set aside.
- Add Egg Beaters, melted margarine sticks and vanilla to cereal mixture.
- Beat with wire whisk until well blended.
- Stir in flour mixture and bananas until combined.
- Spoon evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Serve warm.