At its best warm or chilled..You can spoon it over an ice cream or cake!
- 1 lemon
- 2 pound(s) (4 to 6 medium) Rome Beauty or Jonagold apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 8 wedges
- 1 1/2 cup(s) apple cider
- 1 package(s) (8-ounce) dried Calimyrna figs, each cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup(s) dried tart cherries
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar
- 1 stick(s) cinnamon
- From lemon, remove peel with vegetable peeler in 1-inch-wide strips, then squeeze 2 tablespoons juice.
- In 4-quart saucepan, combine lemon peel and juice, apples, cider, figs, cherries, sugar, and cinnamon; cover and heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, covered, 20 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Pour fruit mixture into bowl; serve warm or cover and refrigerate to serve within 4 days