Rich chocolate flavored sauce that has great affinity with the red wine!
- 1 cup cabernet sauvignon or other dry red wine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 sachet Mulling Spice Blend
- 1/2 cup Dutch process cocoa
- 1/2 cup light-colored corn syrup
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a simmer. Cook 5 minutes. Discard sachet. Add cocoa and corn syrup, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Simmer 2 minutes; remove from heat. Add chocolate, stirring until chocolate melts. Cool to room temperature.