Fizze your taste buds with this zero fat low calorie drink. Great for all occasions!
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 4 cups pomegranate juice or cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 2-liter bottle diet lemon-lime carbonated beverage or three 750-milliliter bottles champagne, chilled
- Place mint leaves in a pitcher. Use a wooden spoon to bruise leaves. Add pomegranate juice and sugar; stir to dissolve. Cover and chill for 8 to 24 hours.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove mint leaves; discard.* For each serving, fill a glass with ice. Pour 1/4 cup of the pomegranate juice mixture over ice. Top with carbonated beverage or champagne (about 1/2 cup).
- Note: After the mint has been removed, the syrup may be stored in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours.