They said preparing the coffee in a large pan and allowing it to sit for 15 minutes before straining the grounds mimics the way cowboys once made coffee over an open fire...Put it out in the carafe and set with bourbon and whipped cream this way yout party guests will surely love!
- 12 cups water
- 2 cups dark roast coffee, coarsely ground
- 1/2 cup powdered nondairy creamer
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 10 tablespoon bourbon
- 10 tablespoon fat-free commercial whipped cream (such as Reddi-Wip)
- Bring 12 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add coffee grounds to pan. Remove from heat; let stand 15 minutes or until coffee grounds sink to bottom of pan. Pour through a fine mesh strainer into a large saucepan.
- Combine creamer and next 4 ingredients (through pepper). Add to pan, stirring with a whisk. Serve coffee mixture with bourbon and whipped cream