Sweet maple syrup that perfectly goes with the earthy, slightly bitter rutabaga
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 7 cups (1/2-inch) cubed peeled rutabaga (about 2 medium)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine syrup and butter in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add rutabaga, salt, and pepper; toss to coat. Spread rutabaga mixture on a jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 425° for 35 minutes or until rutabaga is tender, stirring occasionally.