This is a delicious recipe as-is, or you can try adding pizza sauce and cheese to turn it into a homemade pizza!
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 (.25 ounce) package quick-rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water (120 to 130 degrees F)
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 5 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- In a mixing bowl, combine 2 cups flour, yeast and salt. Add water and oil; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. Cover and let rest for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the tomatoes, mushrooms, green pepper, olives, onion, oil, vinegar and seasonings.
- Coat a 15-in. x 10-in.x 1-in. baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; sprinkle with cornmeal. Press dough into pan. Prick dough generously with a fork. Bake at 475 degrees F for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Cover with vegetable mixture. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until edges of crust are golden.