This makes for a great side dish with any meal. It is very tasty and can accompany a variety of dishes!
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 8 oz sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (16oz) vegetable broth
- 1 cup small bow-tie pasta
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions, heat and stir about 15 minutes or
- until brown.
- Stir in barley.
- Add mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes or until mushrooms soften.
- Stir in broth and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cover.
- Simmer until barley is tender or for about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta until desired texture. Drain and set aside.
- When barley mixture is done, stir in pasta. Season with salt and pepper to taste.