A tasty, healthier alternative to the regular, greasy order-in.
- 1 (1 pound) loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced, pulled into rings
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Coat two 12-inch pizza pans with nonstick cooking spray. Take the thawed bread dough and split in half. Put each half onto a pizza pan, spreading it out and building up the edges slightly. Prick dough with a fork several times. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Combine the basil, oregano and garlic powder; brush dough with oil, and sprinkle seasoning mixture over the dough. Bake at 425°F for 10 minutes. Arrange onion and tomatoes over crust; sprinkle with cheeses. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until golden brown.