Frittata is an omelet one-skillet meal. The eggs are a great source of high-quality protein. Artichokes itself are packed with fiber (which can help lower your cholesterol). So indulge on this scrumptous meal!
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 8 baby artichokes, trimmed, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons coarsely grated sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 ounces fresh crimini (baby bella) mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add artichokes to skillet; sprinkle with salt and pepper and saute; until beginning to brown around edges, about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and 1/2 cup water, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until artichokes are tender when base is pierced with small sharp knife, about 10 minutes.
- Uncover and boil until any liquid remaining in skillet evaporates. Remove from heat.
- Preheat broiler. Whisk eggs and 2 tablespoons cheese in large bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in medium nonstick oven proof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms; saute until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Pat artichokes dry; add to skillet and stir 2 minutes.
- Add eggs; stir to blend.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook until eggs are almost set, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons of cheese.
- Transfer frittata to broiler.
- Broil just until set in center, about 1 minute.
- Using rubber spatula, loosen edges of frittata and slide out onto platter.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.