Cate's Diary

Thanks, Llama :grouphug: Winning the vets' category was fun as there were 27 players & M was the only other woman. My feet are feeling much better this morning.
I had a very lazy day yesterday & another good night's sleep last night. I still feel very sleepy.

Cate, what an amazing account of your week! You did absolutely phenomenal for someone that had taken a break from golf and was so worried about it beforehand. What an absolute legend. I'm really proud of you!!!

Thanks, Em :grouphug: I'm so glad I have got back into golf. I feel a bit proud of myself too but am still quite a bit shocked at how well I did. When they called my name out again for a raffle prize, I put my head below the table & raised my arm. That got a few laughs. It was so much fun!

That sounds like such a dream week. So glad it went so amazingly! The whole thing sounds good with how well you did with the golfing but also just the fun times with everyone, and how well it went with sharing the accommodation and everything. Nice to hear you are getting some good rest time in now. And wonderful to hear that Archie's time at the kennels went well too--good to have somewhere you can trust to leave him when need be!

Thanks, Liza. It really was an amazing week & was lots of fun.
I have definitely been catching up on my sleep. I have been napping, but also sleeping for 8 hours each night. Surely I have caught up now.
R rang yesterday & he & C want us to come down to see them & to stay with her so that we catch up with her kids again & she would like us to meet her parents(Mum & stepdad). We organised it to coincide with my birthday. He thought they might come up again before then. I love how we have developed this relationship. R seems very happy.

Mid-May, Em. I'm looking forward to it. I have been wondering what to do & hadn't made up my mind.
I have been so tired since we got home & I have napped during the day & then slept about 8 hours each night. Hopefully, I'll get back to normal again soon.
G was invited to a fancy golf game today, which included breakfast so he left at 6 am! I'll go into town a bit later with Arch & go to the library as I'm out of books & there are 3 to pick up. Tonight I'll go with G to his 8-ball GF. He'll be so tired.

Anything interesting on the reading list? I must get back into my Agatha Christie's again.
I love Anne Cleeves' books- the Vera & Shetland series. If you haven't read any start from the start & work your way through. I also love Donna Leon's Commisario Guido Brunetti series. There are so many of each & I love them. Also Louise Penny's Three Pines series with Chief Inspector Garmache. I think you would like them all. I have to like the main character usually.

I'm very tired this morning after a very long, late night at G's pool final. It become quite unpleasant towards the end & a couple of the opposition got quite nasty. It took me back to pub days & I won't be going again. I would much rather be home with our dog. My tolerance for aggressive drunks is now non existent.

My tolerance for aggressive drunks is now non existent.
Good thing you don't have to deal with professionally anymore. You'd hope that behavior like that in an organized setting could get penalized somehow. I really, really hate it when drunk people get loud. Sober people as well, but drunk is way scarier.

I don't cope at all well with aggression. I won't be going to his pool matches again. I would much rather stay at home with Arch. Loudness I can cope with, but not aggression. The venue probably took the most money they have taken in a long time. This group were drinking copious quantities of spirits.
It's time I started actively doing something about losing weight. I have the physio ap't this Wednesday & will get some weights exercises & try to build some muscle.
We have been talking about getting a ride on golf cart since the trip away & yesterday I heard G talking to his friend, A who is a retired mechanic asking if he would mind having a look at a second-hand cart that is for sale locally. Another friend said he thought it was a good cart, but it needed new batteries. You still get a lot of exercise in a ride on cart & it would enable me to play 18 holes & play more regularly.

Playing more regularly without straining your knees and feet sounds good and you can always go for a walk after if your legs aren't tired yet.

I’m busting to play more often, Llama but know I need a cart. I will still need to walk Arch & it will balance out 😊

Hi, Liza. It's good to be able to make these choices. I'll always choose to avoid aggression if I can. It was a rare thing, but it made me very anxious.
Every now & then I feel I should take stock of where I am & where I'm going. I'm coming up to a milestone birthday in May & I want to go into my next decade fitter & healthier. I do eat very well. Building some muscle would help me to lose some fat. If I was 10 kg lighter I would still have something to fall back on but would be putting less strain on my joints.
I have been making good connections in the last year or so & it's lovely to have made a strong friendship with T who I am catching up with tomorrow. G is playing golf with her husband & we're meeting at their place & they are travelling together to golf & we are going up later, with lunch along the way. Sharing a house on our golfing trip cemented the relationship. We all got along really well. They have been together since they were 16 & are so close.
I think I'll garden today & we need to pick our green tomatoes soon. I don't think any will be ripening now.

Making new connections and strengthening old ones is so important ❤️
I think you've mentioned wanting to build muscle several times in the past couple of years. Do you know what it is that's kept you from reaching that goal?

Making new connections and strengthening old ones is so important ❤️
It sure is, Llama :grouphug:
I think you've mentioned wanting to build muscle several times in the past couple of years. Do you know what it is that's kept you from reaching that goal?
I think it has been fear of bursting my aorta. My cardio says I'm not to lift anything more than 5 kg. I'm going to push through this time. I'm looking forward to seeing the physio on Wednesday.
I am also looking forward to playing 18 holes of golf again on Saturday. I have asked one of the vets if I can borrow his cart if he's not using it & he said yes. I think I really do want to get one of my own, but if I could borrow one regularly & he would agree to me paying him for it I would be better off financially.
I won't be on the forum in the morning as I'll be at T's early.

5 kg for upper body is probably more than they want to start you out with. And lower body is a different story anyway: you lift more than 5 kg every time you stand up. Just share your limits and concerns with the therapist and I'm sure they'll adapt.

I'm looking forward to it, Llama & I will be sure to share my concerns.

Back