Cate's Diary

Oh well done on 26 days! Also: feeling loved and sleeping well are both pretty grand ❤ Have a safe trip, whether or not you're able to log on. I kind of feel like we've fallen off the world since the forum address changed.

Those nice relaxing home days sound lovely and perfect. Have a lovely weekend away!
A big congrats on no alcohol for 26 days--I know how challenging that would be if I did that with sugar!

Your friendship with T sounds amazing. I am jealous. I don't really have a female friend like that anymore. It feels like most of my friends are men. Hopefully I find a new one.

I'm glad you had your talk with R and you feel better after it. We never know what's ahead!

Oh well done on 26 days! Also: feeling loved and sleeping well are both pretty grand ❤ Have a safe trip, whether or not you're able to log on. I kind of feel like we've fallen off the world since the forum address changed.
Thanks, Llama. I do feel very much loved. I also feel like we have been abandoned by the forum admins.
Those nice relaxing home days sound lovely and perfect. Have a lovely weekend away!
A big congrats on no alcohol for 26 days--I know how challenging that would be if I did that with sugar!
Thanks, Liza. I have got used to doing it now, but am looking forward to a piccolo of bubbly. Moderation is the key. Moderation is harder than abstinence I think, for me anyway. If I could only stop at one.
Your friendship with T sounds amazing. I am jealous. I don't really have a female friend like that anymore. It feels like most of my friends are men. Hopefully I find a new one.

I'm glad you had your talk with R and you feel better after it. We never know what's ahead!
It's a golfing friendship, Em. I think T is similar to me in that she is upfront & honest. It's not a talk all of the time, go everywhere together kind of friendship. I do love her though & think she's a very special person.
It was a relief to talk to R. I hope he gets himself back on an even keel & gets settled into one space. He needs to tidy his spaces up, declutter & feel comfortable in his environment. He has some sorting to do. He struggles when he is unsettled.
We'll be leaving soon.

Moderation is harder than abstinence I think, for me anyway. If I could only stop at one.
It is all so difficult for me...I've tried both with sweets and no matter what I just seem to get drawn into having too much eventually!
t was a relief to talk to R. I hope he gets himself back on an even keel & gets settled into one space. He needs to tidy his spaces up, declutter & feel comfortable in his environment. He has some sorting to do. He struggles when he is unsettled.
For sure. It makes such a difference to have a nice space and to feel settled somewhere!

I don't keep up with how the forum is doing. Are there a lot less people on it now? That's funny the admins don't answer questions. It's wonderful you understand so well what R needs when he's out of sorts and that you can be there for him. I am with Cate about moderation being harder - especially with sugar for me. It's way easier if I just don't have any and then it tastes so weird if I haven't had it in months. Hope you have a great trip, Cate!!

It is frustrating that we are getting ignored by admin and yes there is far fewer active members, I have not been posting as much as it feels like I am talking to myself most of the time.

Thanks, Liza, Marsia & Tru.
Moderation is difficult, but I am going to try harder.
We had a lovely couple of days away, but it's great being back home again. 2 nights away is perfect for me.
It's disappointing that we don't hear back from admins as there are things that moderators can't do (like get me logged back in on my phone). It's frustrating, to say the least.
I had a 319 deficit yesterday while away & 805 on Saturday (wowsers!) We did walk a lot!
It looks like I'm going to have a good deficit today as well.

It is frustrating that we are getting ignored by admin and yes there is far fewer active members, I have not been posting as much as it feels like I am talking to myself most of the time.
That's so sad. A free weight loss forum is so needed. I wonder if they aren't promoting it enough to get it to show up near the top in an internet search?

Wonderful deficits! It seems like you have lots of stamina now and can do so many back to back golfing events without getting tired out. Are you trying to log in as a moderator on your phone, or can't you even get on the forum on the phone as a member? I hope they didn't abandon the forum to the point that new members aren't even being helped. I love that feeling of having a nice time away from home, but also of coming home and feeling settled in to the nest again. Happy Monday!

Those days sound so lovely. And yes great deficits! Especially on a weekend away when treating oneself can be a little more tempting!

Wonderful deficits! It seems like you have lots of stamina now and can do so many back to back golfing events without getting tired out. Are you trying to log in as a moderator on your phone, or can't you even get on the forum on the phone as a member? I hope they didn't abandon the forum to the point that new members aren't even being helped. I love that feeling of having a nice time away from home, but also of coming home and feeling settled in to the nest again. Happy Monday!
Thanks, M. I can't log in on my phone at all. It sends me an authentication number but then it never works. I have tried probably 30 times! We have been abandoned plenty of times before. I don't think that they think we are very important. It has probably changed hands again & while they think it's running itself they just leave it to us.
It was a lovely weekend but not the same as others as some of our close friends didn't go. B & A didn't because he was very ill & died yesterday morning. He had cancer. I messaged A last night when we found out & she said she misses him already. So sad. He was a lovely guy.
Those days sound so lovely. And yes great deficits! Especially on a weekend away when treating oneself can be a little more tempting!
Thanks, Liza. I did well & am happy about that. Not drinking any alcohol sure makes a difference.
I'm playing golf with the Vets today & will come back later & get around the diaries xoxo

That stinks about not being able to access your diary via phone. You'd think if someone bought the site, they'd care about contacting the moderators!! Sorry to hear about your friend. I can't imagine having the number of friends you and G have who've passed on. Really sad. It's great how well you are doing without alcohol and with all the golfing! Hope you have a great time with the Vets today!

Thanks, Marsia. It is annoying not being able to log on via my phone. We have been in the dark for months now. Every contact email address I have been given I have tried but haven't had one reply.
G & I do have a lot of older friends & it is sad when they die. I try not to think about it too much & be grateful for the life we have. I am glad my month without alcohol is up. I'll give it some thought about how I want my alcohol intake to be for the next month. May is my birth month & I will drink some bubbly I think, rather than red wine, which has more calories. I will still stick to 1370 cals per day. I'm loving playing golf & had a fun day today with the vets. There were 20 players & I came equal 3rd.
I am going to have a big deficit today. I'll see what I feel like after dinner I think & post my deficit tomorrow.

Last edited:
Wow, congrats on how well you played! I'm so glad it's working out!! Happy birthday (probably a little early)!! Are you going to do something special to celebrate? You're doing so well with the alcohol and sticking to calories. It's really helping me to be more moderate. I am not calorie counting, but I am looking at each portion and making sure it is the right sized portion. Hope you had a nice dinner!

Sorry to hear about your friend dying. I feel like I know more and more people now going through the process of dying. It's especially hard watching people go through difficult illnesses, both for them and their partners.
I hope you can find that good balance with alcohol.
Lovely to hear you enjoying the golfing so much again!

Wow, congrats on how well you played! I'm so glad it's working out!! Happy birthday (probably a little early)!! Are you going to do something special to celebrate? You're doing so well with the alcohol and sticking to calories. It's really helping me to be more moderate. I am not calorie counting, but I am looking at each portion and making sure it is the right sized portion. Hope you had a nice dinner!
Thanks, M. It's not my birthday until the 18th. I'll be playing golf on the day at another course. I had a good month of sticking to my calories & didn't go over once. 1370 works well for me. Dinner was delicious. G is such a good cook.
Sorry to hear about your friend dying. I feel like I know more and more people now going through the process of dying. It's especially hard watching people go through difficult illnesses, both for them and their partners.
I hope you can find that good balance with alcohol.
Lovely to hear you enjoying the golfing so much again!
Thanks, Liza. We have many friends in their 80s and 90s, some who still play golf. I bumped into one guy(S) in town yesterday who is 94. I invited him to an afternoon tea we will have for one of the Vets golfers who is turning 90 this month. S plays bowls now but misses golf. He's a lovely guy & still switched on.

I had a deficit of 600 yesterday. I did more walking even though I was in my cart. I have two days at home :)

It was Tru. However, there won't be a deficit today as I'm enjoying a soft red wine (Rabo de Gala) after a month without any alcohol. It is yummy. I am sipping it slowly & I had a slice of cheese beforehand. I have had a relatively lazy day today so there will be few exercise calories. I am thirsty after one glass.
I won't have any wine tomorrow.

Wonderful you had a whole month of solid deficits. That sounds like a good birthday enjoying golf on another course. I bet you have so many friends in their 80s and 90s because of playing golf, so it seems like there would be a lot of funerals, but that your friends also get to live full, healthy lives like you and G are doing, too. I'm glad you get to savor a glass of wine and have a relaxing day today.

Back