Cate's Diary

I hope you catch up with your sleep.
Yes so great about you playing with whoever you want at golf. Those barriers got to go!

How lovely to have a surprise catchup like that! I'm glad you're being sensible about calories and I love that you're breaking down the barriers of habit at the golf club.
Thanks, Llama. It's crazy that in this day & age so many people are still stuck behind barriers. One of my pet hates is "But that's how we have always done it." It drives me bonkers. So? Your point?
Sri Lanka was in 2017?! I thought it was just a couple of years ago :eek: But then of course it WAS a couple of years before the pandemic and that srarted over 4 years ago... Time does fly.
I know. I can't believe it was that long ago. I had to look it up. There is no way that pendant would have survived if we had given in to her even a few years ago. It was quite expensive but she has always loved turtles & we both loved it.
That's so nice you had a surprise visit! I hope you can catch up on sleep tonight.
It was & I have now :grouphug: I'm feeling human again.
Yes so great about you playing with whoever you want at golf. Those barriers got to go!
They sure do!

It is amazing how a good night's sleep can restore you. I felt terrible for most of yesterday. I tried installing a new printer, which should have been a simple thing. I wasted umpteen hours on it, only to find that our internet connection is not good enough for it. All I wanted was a very basic printer. When I saw it didn't have a USB cable I should have just stopped & put it back in the box.
On Sunday I had decided to change internet providers as I never have enough data to watch videos & am tired of that. R is with them & has been telling me for ages that I should switch. It has taken me so long to make the decision & then when I did & applied online, gave away more information than I would like & committed to it I got a call that took forever & was SO frustrating. In the end I had to say "Let's just forget it for now & I'll go into a store sometime & do it". It did my head in. I actually felt depressed after the call. I said to G afterwards that if I had the energy left I would scream.
I don't know how really old (older than me) people cope. The world is so much more complicated. It's not that much worse, but it is much more complicated! I'm grateful that I can use a computer & a smartphone, but I am all for simplifying my life if I can, rather than complicating it.
That's that rant over.

Today is a blank canvas. G just left for golf. I think I'll start tidying up the decking where I pot plants up. It is an absolute mess.
I just got a message from C asking if she can have a private chat with me today about R. She says he's doing OK & not to worry but wants to talk to me as he seems to be making flighty decisions & she wants help on how to talk to him about it. She's a smart cookie & she loves him very much. I'm so grateful. I must admit my heart is pounding.

Computer stuff is always stressful. I don't think that's an age thing. Glad sleep helped though :grouphug:
Here's hoping you can give C some helpful advice.

Thanks, Llama. Like everything else things are good until they aren't. Sleep helps almost anything.
C & I talked for about an hour. I stressed about it beforehand & I was able to help her to feel better. I'm exhausted though. I think he may be off his meds again. I'll wait until Thursday to ring him I think. I don't want to give away that C & I have spoken about him. I would hate him to be hurt by that.
I just took Arch for a walk & will bury my head in a book soon.

Hugs from me as well Cate. :grouphug: I am glad that C reached out to you for help and advice around that. I hope you are able to have a good chat with R and that he will get back onto his meds if that is what the issue is. And I hope you find some good rest and peace and take good care of yourself while dealing with it all.

Thank you, Llama & Liza. I hadn't realised that I had posted about the call from C & just got a surprise when I saw it. I really was stressed yesterday! I took an extra AH last night & slept for 6 hours straight. I have been awake since 5.10 but I feel OK. I'll ring him tomorrow. It will be safer then.
I really felt like having a glass of wine last night after a call from M who is very worried about A with his cancer. I advised her to pour herself a glass of wine, put her feet up & get her head into a book. She messaged me back with a photo of it. I was so tempted.
I had a 150 deficit yesterday. That would not have happened if I had that wine.
T & I are playing in the final round of the foursomes today. We had such a cracking score last week. Even if we don't play anywhere near as well today I just want us to have fun.

So glad you are getting out on the course with T so much. I love hearing about your adventures together! I hope your talk with R goes well. I hope things calm down for him soon. I have a wireless printer, and it took forever to figure out - it's not just you! Maybe you can find a video on it on Youtube. Congratulations on resisting the urge to drink wine!! I hope you sleep well and wake up feeling relaxed and renewed.

Thanks, M. I love playing with T. She & I laugh so much together. She is one of the most positive people I know.
We won the C-Grade championship by 24 shots! We didn't play anywhere near as well as last week, but everyone else played worse too. T was so happy. She said she had never won anything before.
I'll be taking the printer back, maybe on our way to the East Coast on Saturday. I'll buy an ink cartridge for my old one.
I was so close to having a wine yesterday! So close.
I am looking forward to having a glass of red wine next week. I'll set myself new targets for May. My birthday is in the middle.
I put R out of my mind today. I had to.

Congratulations on the win! Winning with a friend is the best kind of win.
After that call with C and the one with M it's no surprise you had a desire for some comfort.

Thanks, Llama. Winning with a friend is much better than winning something on your own. I did feel stressed out after the call with C especially. I'm glad I didn't have any wine.

Good for you not having the wine when it was so tempting!
That golf day sounds wonderful--having a great laugh with a friend and winning the game! Yay!

8.15 am Thursday.
Thanks, Liza. I want to get myself into a place where I can have one glass of red wine or one piccolo of bubbles & stop. 1 Piccolo of Henkell Trocken is 140 calories which can be fitted into my daily calories without any problem, especially if I have one on golf days.
I love playing golf with T. She's one of the nicest people I have ever met. We only have to look at one another & we laugh. Play a bad shot-laugh :)
I was going to march in the Anzac parade today with the golf club but decided last night to stay home instead. I'll ring R in a couple of hours. I'm feeling rested after taking a double dose of my sedating AH last night.
I had a 440 cal deficit yesterday with my game of golf included. I just had a delicious breakfast of tuna, avocado & 1 egg on toast. G made a mix with 99% FF mayo & Kafir lime leaf & lime juice. Yum!
I'm ready for the day. It was a good decision to stay home.
Edit: 2.15 pm.
I rang R & then C & feel much better about him. R & I had an excellent talk.

Last edited:
So glad the talk with R went well!! I so, so love hearing about you and T out on the course together being so happy and carefree! Sounds like the sort of friendship you'd write a song about!! Your breakfast sounds yummy, and it's nice to hear you got a restful night's sleep. Hope you have a nice stay at home day!

So good to hear you had a good talk with R and had a nice rest day at home. And that's a really nice deficit! That will be great if you can get to the point of just being able to enjoy a drink here and there without it interfering with the calories too much. It's so nice to enjoy a nice glass of wine. I need to get to that same place with my sweets!

Thanks, Marsia, Liza, Llama (& Vic).
Being a Mum sure isn't easy. It can be so intense. I can't imagine not having our sons & grandkids in our lives. Life would be easier & we would have a lot more money but we wouldn't be so loved. I feel so much better today. Yesterday was lovely & very restful. I did some housework, including taking up 2 pairs of pants & some repairs & pottered about. I got another good night's sleep as I took 2 AH again.
Yesterday: 212 deficit.
Another home day today. I think I'll do the ironing & some gardening.

Glad you had a nice relaxing day at home and that you are feeling better. I agree about being a mom!! It's nice getting projects like hemming pants done - so satisfying. Hope you have another nice restful day ahead!

Thanks, Marsia. I had another relaxing day at home today & did more housework, read most of a book, went for a couple of walks & ate well. That's 26 days without alcohol :newangel: I had a 388 deficit for the day.
I may log on in the morning on my laptop if I have time before we head for the East Coast but if not I can't log back in on my phone & no one from admin is replying to my emails asking for help. I won't be home until Monday afternoon.

Back