Cate's Diary

Ooo, well done on a great golf day! I'm sure deciding to play only with people you want to play with is good for your game, simply because of less stress.

She went through a very rough patch & has come through it. She doesn't know that I know about it & I'm glad that she doesn't.
What a relief that must be to see her come out ok after a rough patch. I don't know how we all made it through those young years!
we were 4th. We all had our moments & we had a lot of fun.
I am on day 14 of no alcohol. Yesterday was the first day I felt like one, but I didn't.

That day sounds great and good job staying alcohol free when it was a temptation!

Ooo, well done on a great golf day! I'm sure deciding to play only with people you want to play with is good for your game, simply because of less stress.
Thanks, Llama. It is. It's good for my game & my general wellbeing. M can be quite negative & she never lets up on how she doesn't know why she bought new clubs & gave me her old ones. She even mentioned to my face that they cost over $4,000. I have thanked her so many times it's crazy.
What a relief that must be to see her come out ok after a rough patch. I don't know how we all made it through those young years!
It is, Liza. She has had it much harder than I ever did that's for sure. I'm really proud of her.
That day sounds great and good job staying alcohol free when it was a temptation!
Thanks, Liza. It was good to get past that. I feel like I'm doing well with the not drinking. I do enjoy it, but I also don't miss it. I'm sure it's good for my body to have a break regularly.

Yesterday was a comparatively lazy day with a 110 cal deficit(1260 cals).
I'm feeling good again today. I took Arch for a 2km walk down & up hills. I'm aching a fair bit today. It's Arthritis weather for me. I can't take anything in the NSAIDS family.

M can be quite negative & she never lets up on how she doesn't know why she bought new clubs & gave me her old ones. She even mentioned to my face that they cost over $4,000. I have thanked her so many times it's crazy.
Oof. Awkward! Or just plain rude. I think I'd go with: "Yeah, I don't know what demon rode you there either but I'm sure glad it did!"

Oof. Awkward! Or just plain rude. I think I'd go with: "Yeah, I don't know what demon rode you there either but I'm sure glad it did!"
I know! I did say "Well I'm glad you did. They're wonderful clubs & I would probably still be playing with G's old ones if you hadn't given them to me. I love them!"
Sorry to hear the arthritis is acting up, but it sounds like a really good day otherwise.
Thanks, Liza. It was lovely.
I had a 315 deficit yesterday (1229 cals). It is so much easier to keep within my calories without wine.
I'm not sure what I'll do today. I haven't been anywhere since Saturday. I didn't have a good night's sleep last night. G just lit the fire again. It has been getting down to 4-5oC overnight. I don't have any library books but I can get some tomorrow after golf......I think I'll be having a nap somewhere during the day.

I did say "Well I'm glad you did. They're wonderful clubs & I would probably still be playing with G's old ones if you hadn't given them to me. I love them!"
Excellent response.
A fully open day with no musts but all the coulds is a wonderful thing and I hope you enjoy it.

Thanks, Llama. I have had a lovely day. I had two walks and ate healthily & I just realised I didn't have a nap. I'll try to stay awake until bedtime.

I love hearing about your family so much. Are you going to do something special for E's 18th birthday? We've decided to wait and do a big celebration when we're out of here and just do something small for now. It sounds like you are in such a good place as far as alcohol not being a struggle to put on pause. I hope that and all the golf make it easier this time with losing weight. Your gp sounds perfect. That's wonderful she remembers the details you told her. I hope you can pile on the warm blankets and get a nice restorative sleep tonight!

I love hearing about your family so much. Are you going to do something special for E's 18th birthday?
I'll ask her what her plans are. A will be 25 the same week. A family gathering here would be lovely.
It sounds like you are in such a good place as far as alcohol not being a struggle to put on pause. I hope that and all the golf make it easier this time with losing weight. Your gp sounds perfect. That's wonderful she remembers the details you told her. I hope you can pile on the warm blankets and get a nice restorative sleep tonight!
I'm not struggling at all with it, M. I have had so much practice I think. My doctor is lovely. I'll start making regular appointments with her to keep this up. I slept so well last night & feel good this morning.
I weighed myself this morning & have lost another .5 kg.
Yesterday's deficit was 147 (1331 cals).
I'll be leaving soon to play golf. The forest ravens have been taking golf balls & it will be a struggle to keep track today. I'm playing with T & it's a team game where we play alternate shots & only use one ball. I'm also playing with G, A(A & M's son) & I (T's husband) on Saturday. I want to play twice a week.
1713306682104.png
Glad you had a nice day Cate. xx
Thanks, Em.

The forest ravens have been taking golf balls & it will be a struggle to keep track today.
Lol! I'm sure that's super annoying but ravens do make me laugh with all they get up to!

Nice one on another drop in weight. And the good walks and good sleep!

I do like ravens. But you'd think they'd realize these weird eggs are not in fact edible. Or maybe they know and just enjoy messing with people. As long as there aren't any potato fields within a couple of kilometers distance (where golf balls in the harvest can cause penalty payments) it shouldn't be too much of a bother. Or do they actually take the balls people just hit?

Thanks, Liza, Llama (& Vic).
The Forest Ravens are an absolute pest as you play a shot only to see them swoop in & steal them. Today I rushed ahead & banged this clacker thing I have to frighten them off. We only lost one ball.
T & I played out of our skins today & had so much fun. We had a cracking score! T was so, so happy & so am I.

That's wonderful that your doctor and you will work on your weight loss together. So good to have that sort of accountability. And so nice you have games with T and with other people this week. I'm so happy it's working out to play with the vets!! Congrats on more weight loss, too!

Thanks, Liza, Llama (& Vic).
The Forest Ravens are an absolute pest as you play a shot only to see them swoop in & steal them. Today I rushed ahead & banged this clacker thing I have to frighten them off. We only lost one ball.
T & I played out of our skins today & had so much fun. We had a cracking score! T was so, so happy & so am I.
Nice one on the good game...and beating the ravens to the balls...
I had to google about it and sure enough it seems to be a fairly common thing all over. I read that some people used colored balls thinking that would stop them thinking they were eggs, but it didn't seem to stop them from snatching them!

I don't think they see them as eggs. Ravens are way too smart to get fooled more than once or twice. It must give them some kind of satisfaction.

https://www.abc.net.au/listen/programs/newcastle-breakfast/ravens-love-for-golf-balls/102012686
If you listen to this I think you'll find it interesting. It seems that they play with them. I'm glad they get some joy from them! I like to play with a green/yellow ball & they love them, so I'm currently playing with old balls.
It is lovely to have options to play with the women on Wednesdays or the men (mostly) on Saturdays and also the vets on Tuesdays. Saturdays were traditionally men's days, but more & more women are playing on Saturdays & that's a good thing.
I feel happy at the moment. Today G is giving blood & I will do a little shopping. The GKs are coming for dinner. Yay!
Yesterday's deficit was 392 cals (1314 cals consumed).
My hunger has diminished a little which is good. I woke this morning not hungry so had a bowl of cereal with protein powder, oat milk, berries & a dollop of yoghurt. Yum!
We think we'll have a Chinese lunch.

Everything about corvids is fascinating: I'll have to check out that link after work, thank you.
Less hunger, feeling happy, and more options for golf? That's all great!

Back