Cate's Diary

I know I found strengthening always a tough one to add in. I really like the resistance bands myself...i don't know how they would do with the concern around the aorta though...I hope you can find a routine that fits nicely without being a health concern in other ways...
That is so lovely that you have strengthened that friendship with T. Always so good to add in good deep friendships!

Thanks, Liza. I'm looking forward to seeing the physio today. I spent all day with T yesterday & we had a lovely time. She & her husband have a mini gym & she showed me all their bands so I have an idea of what I would like to get & do. Stretching exercises would be great. I had calf soreness while we were away & her husband showed me some simple stretches which really helped.
I wore Arch out yesterday. He hardly moved last night & is tuckered out still.

The physio was excellent. He gave me some exercises to do 5 days a week, twice a day & I'll start later today. I'm a bit better than I thought I was & he seemed impressed with my mobility. I like his approach. I'll list the exercises in the next couple of days.

The physio was excellent. He gave me some exercises to do 5 days a week, twice a day & I'll start later today. I'm a bit better than I thought I was & he seemed impressed with my mobility. I like his approach. I'll list the exercises in the next couple of days.
That does sound great--looking forward to hearing what the exercises are. Nice that he was impressed with your mobility!

Thanks, Llama & Liza. I haven't started yet :blush5: I will need to do them in my PJ's or exercise gear & will have to change my routine. I'll start tonight when I get back from town.
Hi, Em. You just posted :) Catie Cakes, hey? You're in a good mood ;)
We're going into town today to do some shopping & have lunch with A & M. We'll just go to a Chinese restaurant they like. It's just ok, but it's about catching up. I don't think he's travelling well.

As long as the it doesn't cause allergic reactions the people you're with are much more important than the food. Let us know how the exercises go!

It's funny you should say that Llama as I had an asthma attack from the chilli dish I had. I seemed to inhale it. I recovered quickly though. We had a lovely day. I'm about to head out soon again as Arch is booked in for a haircut at 9.30. I'll pop back later xo

Chili oil sometimes has that effect because it has so many volatiles in it just breathing it in can irritate the airways. Glad you recovered well!

I am quite allergic to capsicum, but don’t have a problem with most of the same deadly nightshade family. Chilli powder or dried chilies can get me, but not fresh or chillie paste.
I have had a good day today & am playing golf tomorrow with G & I & T.

I will need to do them in my PJ's or exercise gear & will have to change my routine.
I think that's the big thing is figuring out your new day routine fitting these things in...I do my strengthening right first thing --same with running...if I don't get them done first thing, I don't get them done at all. I just can't do stuff like that in the afternoon or evening. Also I find putting on good music really helps motivate me on the strength and stretch sessions.
Glad you recovered quickly from that reaction to the chili dish!

Thanks, Llama, Liza & Em. I had a lovely day at golf. I borrowed a one-person cart which really helped me get around. It was a good test as I now know that a 2-person buggy is much more stable. I had been warned so it wasn't a problem, but our local course is very hilly. We have put out feelers for one. We're playing together with I&T in a team event on the 8th of April.
G just headed off. He's caddying for a much younger friend today in pennant.

Good to see you trying out all options and having fun! How's the temperature in your area? We've had several 20°C days already and no rain so far.

Temp is about the same here, Llama. It has been nice during the day but cool overnight. Daylight savings ends here this weekend.
I’m really keen on playing golf more often. G talked to A’s son, D today about buying A’s cart. (He caddied for him.) I had been dropping hints but he hadn’t taken me up on them. Yesterday one of his friends said he was worried about selling it to a mate, in case it had problems down the track. Any cart I bought could have problems & I know this one has been well looked after. 🤞

At least if this one had issues you'd know it wasn't something the seller was purposefully hiding from you. That would save so much annoyance.

Nice that you've narrowed down what you want in a cart and have a possibility of buying that one. Excellent if it can help you fit more golfing in!

Back