Some people take over-the-counter laxative or purgatives when they experience constipation
Colon cleansers or laxatives? What do you know about them? Some people take over-the-counter laxative or purgatives when they experience constipation simply because they've always done it this way and may not have thought further about the issue. Maybe it's time to ask yourself whether that's a good enough reason.
The science behind some of today's colon cleansing products show they may work more efficiently for comprehensive and systemic health, than just the regular laxative.A major benefit that has come from all the extensive colon health research is the knowledge that we have products that are better suited to our system and can offer much more than just temporary relief from constipation. We simply need to broaden our knowledge and become more aware of these products and how they work inside our systems.
But first … Some Facts about the Colon to Help You Make an Informed Decision.
To begin with, we need to know a few facts about the way our colon works-a little basic biology. Friendly bacteria residing in the colon are helpful and are called probiotics. Probiotics are necessary for intestinal balance as well as to help to produce the necessary nutrients required for regulating healthy cholesterol and glucose levels. Bad bacteria can generate toxins as a byproduct of their proliferation. It can also disturb the optimal pH environment of the intestine. Optimal pH is necessary for efficient digestion and absorption of nutrients. Good absorption maintains good health since your body is getting all the necessary nutrients for maintaining its normal functions. This helps boost the immunity as well.
In the light of this, what will you choose – an OTC laxative or a well-formulated herbal colon cleanser?
Here are a few of the pros and cons of each:
- Contains chemicals which can be harsh on your system.
- They may produce an urgent need to evacuate the bowels and so require you to stay close to a restroom.
- Severe abdominal cramping is a common complaint.
- OTC laxatives not only clear the colon of accumulated waste, but they also wipe out all the bacteria in your system – the good (probiotics) and the bad bacteria.
- Lack of probiotics could also affect the functions of the liver.
- It can disturb the healthy intestinal microflora in the digestive tract, and the delicate pH balance in the intestines required for digestion and absorption of nutrients.
- Immune health could be compromised due to inadequate digestion and absorption of nutrients.
- It does not support the regular elimination of toxins from the system.
- Could create an electrolyte imbalance in the body which may lead to other immediate consequences on health due to loss of potassium and sodium salts.
- Constant use of laxatives could lead to malnutrition and anemia.ProsIt relieves constipation.
Scientifically Supported Herbal Colon Cleansers:
- You need to follow directions carefully, especially the intake of water. You need to drink at least 8 glasses of water while taking herbal powders that contain psyllium fiber.
- ProsA well-formulated herbal colon cleanse with scientific support contains natural ingredients which work gently in your system. It does not require you to sit close to a restroom.
- The digestive herbs can keep you from abdominal cramping associated with laxative use.
- It relieves constipation and flushes out only the bad bacteria and parasites residing in the colon.
- It promotes a healthy intestinal flora through probiotics supplementation.
- It promotes natural pH balance for healthy digestion and absorption.
- The probiotic and prebiotic supplementation helps to produce nutrients required by the liver for healthy cholesterol and glucose levels.
- The fiber helps to bind toxins and eliminate them regularly from your system instead of getting absorbed.
- It provides nutritional support for colonic and systemic health and also to compensate for any loss of nutrients during the colon cleanse program.
- It will not disturb the body's electrolyte balance.
The next time you need help for constipation, it's good to know that you have options other than just an OTC laxative! A scientifically-based colon cleanse program like BeneCleanse can help cleanse the bowels, remove unhealthy parasites, prime the digestive system and promote natural bowel regularity.