I've mentioned previously the importance of eating small, frequent meals in order to have the leanest, healthiest bodies possible. As well, many of you have heard me use the analogy of a camp fire to describe our metabolism.
So the question becomes is it better to have a fast food meal to keep the metabolism up or to skip a meal until the opportunity to eat something healthier is available?
The quick answer is always to eat something rather than to fast. If we go with this option then there a few things we can do to minimize the impact of a fast food meal. These include:
- choosing seafood or fish, chicken or turkey in that order
- drinking water
- other than salsa or mustard passing on the condiments
- request no salt be added
- ditching the bun or at least the top of the bun
- choosing grilled over breaded or deep fried
- ordering the side salad to go with
- if calorie info is available choosing a 300-500 cal option
If you have ordering tips that have helped you in the past let me know and I'll pass them along.
All the best.