A tasty salad with no cholesterol! Try adding sugar snap peas and thinly sliced green onion for added color and flavor.
- 1 large leaf lettuce, large leaves torn into smaller pieces
- 4 large or 6 small ripe Italian tomatoes, about 500 g in total, sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons toasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons toasted sunflower seeds
- Garlic Vinaigrette
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- pepper to taste
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the garlic, vinegar, oil and pepper to make the garlic vinaigrette.
- Place a layer of lettuce leaves on a serving platter or on 4 plates and arrange the sliced tomatoes and then the cherry tomatoes on top. Drizzle the vinaigrette over top.
- Scatter the basil leaves and the pumpkin and sunflower seeds over the tomatoes, and serve right away.