Made in Mexico: It doubles as a sweet and spicy dessert. A dish to start your day with a kick.
- 1 (3- to 4-lb) pineapple, cut lengthwise into 8 wedges, cored, peeled, and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 lb firm-ripe mangoes (2 to 4), peeled, pitted, and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
- 2 1/2 oz crumbled queso añejado (also called cotija) or queso fresco (1/2 cup)
- Stir together pineapple, mango, and orange juice in a large bowl. Divide among serving bowls, then sprinkle with cayenne and cheese.