Spaghetti squash with herbs and Parmesan cheese.
- 1 spaghetti squash halved, with seeds discarded.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 c. shredded fresh basil leaves plus additional for garnish
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 3 tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 c. thinly sliced cherry tomatoes
- In a glass baking dish, put the squash halves, cut side down, pour 1/4 cup water around it, and cover this dish tightly with microwave-safe plastic wrap.
- Microwave the squash at high powder for 12 minutes, or until it is soft when pressed, and let it stand, covered, for 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix together the oil, basil, oregano, and the Parmesan, stir in the tomatoes, and season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- While the squash is still warm scrape it with a fork to form strands, add the strands to the tomato mixture and toss.