Delicious dish easily adapted for mild to extremely hot chili lovers.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, undrained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat
- Cook onion and garlic in oil until onions are translucent
- Add turkey; stir until meat is brown
- Stir in beans, tomatoes, chili powder, oregano, basil and vinegar
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 60 minutes or more, until flavors are well blended.
- To spice things up try adding jalapeno peppers, cumin, or red pepper flakes.