A pumpkin pie does not have to be heavy and dense. This particular dessert is more like a custard. You will just have to refrigerate it for firmness.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 envelopes (7 grams each) unflavored gelatin
- 2 1/4 cups Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk, divided
- 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar or low calorie sweetener equivalent
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Light whipped topping (optional)
- Fresh raspberries (optional)
- Coat 9-inch deep-dish pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place water in medium bowl; sprinkle gelatin over water. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes or until softened. Mixture may be firm. Bring 1 cup evaporated milk just to a boil in small saucepan. Slowly stir hot evaporated milk into gelatin. Stir in remaining evaporated milk, pumpkin, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture into prepared pie plate.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
- Garnish with whipped topping and raspberries, if desired.