Ever heard of a grilled mango? Well try this exquisite dessert, you will surely love it!
- 2 medium mangoes, halved and seeded
- 3 medium kiwifruits, peeled
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- Peel one of the mango halves; set aside remaining three mango halves. Place peeled mango half in a food processor or blender. Cover and process or blend until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; cover and chill.
- Rinse the food processor or blender. Place peeled kiwifruits in food processor or blender. Cover and process or blend until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; cover and chill.
- Place the reserved three mango halves on a cutting board, skin sides down. Cut the flesh in a crisscross pattern, being careful not to cut through the skin.
- For a charcoal grill, place mango halves, cut sides down, on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 4 to 6 minutes or until lightly browned and heated through. Brush with molasses during the last 1 minute of grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place mango halves, cut sides down, on rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
- To serve, press the skin of the grilled mango halves out so the fruit cubes pop outward. Place a mango half into each of three chilled dessert bowls. Drizzle with mango puree and kiwifruit puree.