These spicy snacks taste even better than nachos, plus the avocado and tuna add a hefty 10 grams of heart-healthy fat.
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches each)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped chipotle pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon tequila
- 1/2 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pound sushi-grade tuna, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 avocado, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 3 scallions (green part only), thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons hulled pumpkin seeds
- Heat oven to 350°F. Cut 2 rounds from each tortilla with a 3-inch cookie cutter. Brush both sides of tortillas with 1 tablespoon of oil and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Place rounds in 1 layer on cookie sheets; bake until crisp and edges are golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven. Whisk chipotle, remaining 2 tablespoon oil, lime juice, tequila, adobo sauce, cumin, sugar and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Place tuna, avocado, 2/3 of scallions and 2 tablespoons of pumpkin seeds in another bowl. Pour dressing over top and gently stir to coat, try not to break up avocado. Spoon tuna mixture onto tortilla rounds. Top with remaining 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds and remaining 1/3 of scallions. Serve 2 pieces per person.