Spicy seafood and wild rice make this okra veggie Gumbo fantastic - you would never guess it's a high protein, low fat, low carb meal.
- 12 oz. frozen sliced okra
- 12 oz low fat chicken broth
- 4 oz. wild rice, rinsed
- 12 oz mixed frozen or fresh veggies (sliced peppers, green beans, corn, diced carrotts, peas)
- onions, diced
- chick peas or black beans, rinsed
- 8 oz. fresh ready to cook shrimp, scallops, crab, lobster chunks
- 24 oz. stewed tomato
- 1 tab crushed garlic
- 1 tab chipotle pepper flakes - or to taste
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in large oven proof dish. Place in 400 deg oven, uncovered. After 30 minutes stir. Cook for another 15 minutes. Slow cooker option - Put on low and cook 6 hours.