This is an easy and quick soup recipe I created that makes a perfect lunch or may be used as an appetizer. The Asian flavors combine with the shrimp for such a delicious taste sensation, you won't even realize how low in fat and calories it is!
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 lb. cooked and cleaned shrimp, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Mung bean sprouts
- 30-36 wonton wrappers
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1 (6 oz.) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- In a medium bowl, stir together sesame seeds, garlic powder, ginger, soy sauce and egg.
- Stir in shrimp and bean sprouts.
- Place a teaspoonful on each wonton wrapper. Fold wrappers around filling, using water to seal edges.
- In a 4-quart pot, bring broth, spinach, green onions, and mushrooms to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add wontons to boiling mixture.
- Boil for 6-8 minutes until wontons float to surface.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 3 minutes.