Vegetarian entree featuring whole wheat cheese ravioli, mushrooms, spinach and a unique roasted red pepper sauce.
- 9 oz. refrigerated whole wheat 4 cheese ravioli (Such as Buitoni)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sliced white mushrooms
- Half of a 9 oz. bag salad spinach, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup roasted red peppers with juice, from a jar
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sage
- Garnish: Fresh sage leaves, fresh ground black pepper
- Cook ravioli in boiling water according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large 12” non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic, sauté for 4 minutes, then add mushrooms and saute another 6 minutes until vegetables are soft and golden.
- Stir in spinach and cook an additional minute, then lower heat to simmer.
- Place all sauce ingredients in a blender, cover and blend for 30 seconds until smooth but not totally pureed.
- Pour sauce into hot skillet and stir to combine, cook 3-4 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Add ravioli to skillet, stir to combine.
- Place servings on 4 plates, garnish with sage leaves and freshly ground pepper.