This is a great recipe to replace your protein bars.
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat to 300 degrees.
- Place 2 pieces of parchment paper (criss-crossed) over an 8-inch square baking pan. Allow the paper to cover each of the sides.
- Mix almonds, oats and cranberries.
- Over low heat in a saucepan, whisk the PB, brown sugar, oil, cinnamon, salt and water for about 5 minutes (or until the sugar has dissolved).
- Let cool slightly; whisk in egg white.
- Add this to the oats and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Spread evenly over the pan and flatten the top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. To test if it is done, check to see if the top is firm, but not hard.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cut into bars.